Sunday, January 23, 2005

Reality Will Be A Harsh Awakening For Some

Sometimes I take the train to the Royal Danish Armory in Viborg where students may watch American television shows on videotape. Yesterday I was disgusted to see a program entitled 'Real World, Road Rules: Challenges.' The show features spoiled Americans in their mid-20s playing team-building games against each other and crying and fighting when they lose. All the contestants are 'All-Stars' of previous MTV reality shows. These people won a lottery by being allowed to live for free with other beautiful young people for a year. But when it was over they didn't know how to fight for their own survival, so they went back to MTV and said 'Help! I can't work for a living!' And MTV said, 'OK, you can live in our zoo for another year.' You would think these Americans would be grateful to have such a cushy exsitence, but no. After playing a game with ladders and giant foam puzzle pieces that Cub Scouts or a mentally challenged youth group might play, the winners cheer and scream like they won a mixed martial arts competition while the losers cry and scream at each other. I think these people will be very unprepared when the system fails and man has to once again fight for survival. Their cosmetic muscles and limited acting abilities won't get them too far when they're struggling over a bag of rotten fruit with an escaped rapist...


My Metal Band

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home